Awareness – Education – Inclusion – Acceptance
Our goal is to build awareness in Skerries, to educate the whole community, so that those living with Autism can be empowered to play an inclusive part in their own town.
Skerries has been selected to become one of the next Autism Friendly Towns under the AsIam initiative and we are seeking to follow in the footsteps of Clonakilty, which is Ireland’s First Autism Friendly Town. In order to achieve this status, there is a robust accreditation process, which involves engaging and training a specific ratio of sectors within the town to becoming ‘Autism Friendly Champions’. For example businesses, public services, school communities and healthcare professionals, as well as developing a three year town plan.
Please see our website www.skerriesautismfriendly.ie for updates on our journey to achieving our Autism Friendly Town status, as well as various projects and endeavors we will be undertaking in the coming months and years.
Our Committee Members:
- Chairperson: Michael Fanning
- Vice Chairperson: Ger O’ Mahony
- Secretary: Michelle Moore
- Treasurer: Leanne Dunne
- Fundraising Officer: Stephen Tanner
- Volunteer Coordinator: Aideen Quinn
- Town sports Liaison Officer: David Daly
- Supervalu/Chamber of commerce liaison officer: Breda Tuite
- Member of Local Autism Support Group: Jenny Brady Byrne
- Schools Liaison Officer: Dave McGovern
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.skerriesautismfriendly.ie
Social Media Pages:
Last updated: 12 February 2021