THE SKERRlES COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION LIMITED COMPANIES ACT 1963-2003
PRIVATE LIMITED BY GUARANTEE WITHOUT A SHARE CAPITAL MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
- The name of the company is ‘The Skerries Community Association Limited’.
- The objects for which the company is established are as follows:
(1) To develop and improve generally the town of Skerries
and its neighbourhood for the benefit of the people of Skerries (hereinafter referred to as the Community).
(2) To increase the attractiveness of Skerries for residents
(3) To secure the preservation of any natural view, park,
historical monument, interesting landmark or ruin in the vicinity of the town of Skerries.
(4) To act as the representativeb0dy of the Community
and to establish such local assembly, community councilor other body as may be required by Law for that purpose.
– 2 –
(5) To purchase or otherwise acquire any lands, tenements and hereditaments of any tenure whether subject or not
to any charge or encumbrance and to hold or to sell, lease, let either furnished or unfurnished, alienate, mortgage, charge or otherwise deal with all or any such lands, tenements, hereditaments or any part thereof.
(6) To build and erect, construct, enclose, level, drain,
fit up and maintain any building, buildings, or any other. kind of erection or fixture and (but so as not to restrict
the generality of this object) walls, gates, fences and
entrances thereto and to carry out any of the works aforesaid either upon lands acquired by the Company
or upon lands .and to construct and provide footpaths, sewers and drains and to carryon the business of estate
development in all its branches and generally to alter, develop and improve any lands or buildings thereon.
(7) To improve, manage, cultivate, develop, exchange, let on lease or fee farm grant with or without fine or otherwise mortgage, charge, sell, dispose of, turn to account,
grant rights and privileges in respect of or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property and rights
of the Company.
(8) To establish, furnish, manage and carryon in or upon
or in connection with any premises, buildings or grounds belonging to or occupied by the Company sports halls,
– v –
recreation halls, community halls, tea-rooms, coffee bars,
restaurants, billard rooms, reading rooms, television
rooms, card rooms, premises for the sale of intoxicating
liquor or other place of entertainment, refreshment or
recreation and in connection therewith to carryon the
business of merchants or caterers or such other business
as may seem to -the Company capable of being conveniently
carried on in connection with and of the objects of the
Company and to buy, sell and deal in every commodity
necessary for any of the foregoing purposes and to obtain
and hold, whether through a nominee or otherwise, any
licence which may be required for any of the said purposes.
(9) To establish, organise, engage in and maintain
recreational and sporting activities.
: 10) To promote any company or companies for the purpose of
acquiring all or any of the property, rights and liabilities
of this company or for any other purpose which may seem
directly or indirectly calculated to benefit the Company.
(11) To assist the development of trade, business, fisheries,
agriculture, horticulture and industry in so far as such
development is for the benefit of the community.
(12) To undertake any developments or improvements in
furtherance of the objects of the Company which are not
solely within the scope of any other public body.
– 4 –
(13) To receive any deputation, elected representative, person or letter concerned with the objects of the Company.
(14) To make any necessary representations to Dublin County Council, Bord Pleanala, elected representatives, Bord Failte or any public body, statutory body, person or persons on such matters as come within the scope of the Company.
(15) To represent or cause to be represented the community
at any Public Enquiry, Sworn Enquiry or other Enquiry, Investigation or Inquest which may concern the community.
(16) To collect and raise funds by any means open to the Company to enable it to attain its objects.
(17) To acquire money by gift or subscription and to distribute it in and about the furtherance of all or any of the objects of the Company and to raise or grant sums of money towards the purchase of prizes or to be awarded as prizes or otherwise in connection with any such matters as aforesaid on such terms as may be decided.
(18) To borrow or raise or secure the payment of money in
such manner as the Company may think fit and in particular by mortgaging or charging by debentures or debenture stock perpetual or otherwise, the undertaking of all or any
part of the property or assets of the Company whether
– 5 –
present or future and by issuing, whether at par or at a premium or discount or depositing any debentures, debenture stock, notes or other instrument constituting an acknowledgment of indebtedness whether creating a charge or not.
(19) To fix and enforce a scale of charges for admission to any of the grounds, buildings or other premises of the Company or any part thereof and from time to time to vary any such charges.
(20) To acquire any shares, stocks, debentures, debenture stock, bonds or securities or interest by original subscription, tender purchase, exchange or otherwise and to subscribe for them whether conditionally or otherwise and to guarantee or underwrite the subscription thereof and to exercise and enforce all rights and powers conferred by or incidental to the ownership thereof.
(21) To take or otherwise acquire and hold shares in any company having objects altogether or in part similar to those
of the Company or carrying on any business capable of
being carried on so as directly or indirectly to benefit the Company.
(22) To acquire or undertake the whole or any part of the business and assets of any person, firm, company or other organisation carrying on any of the business which
the company is empowered to carry on and as part of the consideration for such acquisition to undertake the liabilities of such person, firm, company or organisation or to acquire an interest in, amalgamate with or enter into any arrangements for sharing profits or for co-operation or. limiting competition or for mutual assistance with any such person, firm, company or organisation and to give or accept by way of consideration for or in connection with any such transactions as aforesaid any monies, shares, debentures or securities that may be agreed upon and to deal with any such shares, debentures or securities so received.
(23) To carry on the business, or any branch or branches of the business of the Company by or through one or more subsidiary or associate company or companies: and (a) to lend money, with or without security to and (b) to guarantee the debts, contracts, engagements, obligations and liabilities of and (c) to subsidise or otherwise financially assist or become surety or guarantee for
any such company or companies and to guarantee the principle and interest or any premium which may become payable on any debentures, debenture stock, bonds, obligations or other securities and the dividends and the return (either with or without any premium) of the capital paid up on any shares or stock issued by any such company or companies.
(24) To lend money either with or without security and to give credit to such person or companies and on such terms as may seem expedient.
(25) To grant, advance, deposit or lend money with or to such persons on such terms as may seem expedient and
to discount, buy, sell and deal in wills, notes, warrants, coupons and other negotiable or transferable securities or documents.
(26) To invest and deal with the monies of the Company not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
(27) To secure or guarantee by mortgage, charge or otherwise the performance and discharge of any contract, obligation or liability of the Company or of any other person or corporation with whom or with which the Company has dealings or having a business or undertaking in which
the Company is concerned or interested whether directly or indirectly.
(28) To remunerate any persons or company for services rendered in or about the incorporation or promotion of the Company, in placing or assisting to place or guaranteeing the placing of any debentures, debenture stock or other securities of the Company and in or about the conduct of the business of the Company.
– 8 –
(29) To draw, make, accept, endorse, discount, execute and issue promissory notes, bills of exchange, bills of lading, warrants, debentures and other negotiable or transferable instruments.
(30) To pay all or any expenses incurred in connection with the promotion and incorporation of the Company or to contract with any person, firm or company to pay them.
(31) To sell or dispose of the undertakings of the Company
or any part thereof for such consideration as the Company may think fit and in particular for shares, debentures and other securities of any other body having objects altogether or in part similar to those of the Company.
(32) To provide for the welfare of persons in the employment of or formerly in the employment of the Company or its predecessors in business and players participating in
any of the games, pastimes, sports, recreations, amusements, entertainments and other recreational activities promoted, managed or carried out by the Company and for the wives, widows and families, dependents or connections of any
such person by grant of money pensions or by making payment towards insurance or other payments and by raising monies by means of any benefit match or other sporting event, amusement or entertainment promoted or managed by the Company for the benefit of any such persons and by forming
and contributing to pension, provident or benefit
funds or profit-sharing or co-partnership schemes for the benefit of any such persons and by providing or subscribing towards places of instruction and recreation and hospital, dispensary, medical or other attendance and other assistance as the Company shall think fit and in so providing to subscribe to or guarantee money to
or otherwise aid charitable, benevolent, religious, scientific, national or other institutions.
(33) To effect insurance against accidents to the players or
to other persons participating in any of the games, pastimes, sports, recreations, amusements, entertainments or other activities promoted by the Company or to any other persons present thereat and also to effect insurance against damage by fire, storm, theft, burglary, riot or otherwise to any of the premises or of the goods of the Company and also to effect insurance against all actions that may be brought and claims and demands that may be made by any person against the Company for which the Company either directly or indirectly may be held responsible.
(34) To institute, maintain or defend for or on behalf of the Company or any member, office bearer, official, servant, agent or any player participating in any game, sport, pastime, or recreation promoted or carried on by the Company any legal proceedings, civil or criminal which may be brought, made or taken by or against the Company or
any such persons aforesaid.
– 10 –
(35) To undertake any appropriate publicity or advertising.
(36) To permit any person, persons, club, company, society or other body to use and enjoy any of the premises
of the Company upon such terms and conditions as may be agreed provided that such permission is in furtherance of the other objects of the Company.
(37) To affiliate to, join with or co-operate with any Society, Guild, Association, Club or other body in matters of common concern.
(38) To become a member of and subscribe to any union, association, combination, league, guild or other body whose objects are altogether or in any part similar to those of the Company.
(39) To arrange lectures, talks, exhibitions or other activities for the benefit of the community.
(40) To promote or encourage to be promoted any arts, handicrafts or other pursuits which may be of benefit to the community.
– 11 –
(41) To arrange for, advertise, promote, manage, hold, conduct, carryon and carry out any athletic sports, shows, entertainments, festivals, displays, functions or other recreational activities and all manner of games, sports, pastimes, fetes, galas, competition, contests, exhibitions, bazaars and amusements.
(42) To promote, assist or participate in competitions for trophies, in leagues, contests or matches in any games, sports, pastimes or recreations whether such competitions, contests or matches be merely for the purposes of the Company or for the benefit of charities or any other purpose.
(43) To establish, amend, alter, improve or revise the rules regulating all or any of the games, sports, pastimes, recreations, amusements and entertainments promoted
or carried on by the Company and to participate with
any association, league or other combination whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of
the Company in the establishing, amending, altering, improving or revising any such rules and to join and subscribe to any such union, association, league or other combination.
(44) To concern itself with matters of town planning, public health, emergency services, policing, water supply, electricity supply, roads, sewerage, public transport,
– 12 –
telecommunications, public lighting and all other social services, utilities and amenities.
(45) To enter in any arrangement with any government or authorities supreme, municipal, local or otherwise that may seem conductive to the Company’s objects or any of them
and to obtain from any such government or authority any licence, right, privilege or concession which the Company may think it desirable to obtain and to carry out, exercise and comply with any such arrangement, licence, right, privilege or concession.
(46) To obtain any Order or Act of the Oireachtas or licence of any government department for enabling the Company to carry any of its objects into effect or for effecting any modification of the Company’s Memorandum or Articles of Association or for any other purposes which may seem expedient and to oppose any proceeding or applications which may seem calculated directly or indirectly to prejudice the Company’s interest.
(47) To arrange with athletes, artistes, entertainers, managers, coaches, trainers, servants, workmen and other persons for attending to the premises for the time being of the Company, taking entrance money at any matches or sports
and in connection with all other activities of and carried on by the Company with the powers of the Company authorised by these presents and for carrying out all or any of the
– 13 –
objects which the Company shall think advisable and to pay any fees or any other monies which may be considered expedient for the engaging of any of the foregoing.
(48) To buy, sell, exchange or hire any articles, implements, fixtures, furniture, apparatus and things used in the playing or. practice of any sports, games or pursuits and any other implements or things used or required by the members of the Company or by any of the players participating in any of the sports, games, pastimes, recreations, amusements or entertainments promoted by the Company or otherwise used or required for the promotion of any of the objects of the Company.
(49) To do any act or enter into any agreement, not contrary to the law, incidental to or conductive to the attainment of the objects of the Company.
- The liability of the members is limited.
- Every member of the company undertakes to contribute to the assets of the company in the event of its being wound up while he is a member, or within one year afterwards, for payment
of the debts and liabilities of the company contracted before he ceases to be a-member, and the costs, charges and expenses of winding up, and for the adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves, such amount as may be required not exceeding £1.
– 14 –
We, the several persons whose names and addresses are
subscribed, wish to be formed into a· company in pursuance of
this memorandum of association.
Names and Addresses of Subscribers
1 Jim Quigley of 15, Hillside Close, Skerries in the County of Dublin.
- Mary Conway of 27, Mill Hill Park, Skerries, in the County of Dublin.
- Declan O’Sullivan of 66 Townparks, Skerries, in the County of Dublin.
- Tom Derham of .72, Holmpatrick, Skerries in the County of Dublin.
- Michael Carr of 27, St. Patrick’s Close, Skerries, in the County of Dublin.
- Peadar Clerkin of 47, Sherrick Road, Skerries,
in the County of Dublin.
- Angela O’Connor of 23, Church Street, Skerries, in the County of Dublin.
- Padraic Murray of 58, Townparks, Skerries, in the County of. Dublin.
Witness to the above signatures: