The Skerries Community Association Ltd. is an umbrella group comprising many committees, made up of several hundred volunteers, devoted to making the quality of life in Skerries even better.
In legal terms, the SCA has the structure of a Company Limited by Guarantee. We are, of course, not-for-profit – but we still must comply with all relevant legislation and requirements for companies.
Our board of directors has the same responsibilities as that of a Board of Directors of any company. In addition to these duties, directors are almost always members of committees as well and form an essential link between the Board and these committees. It is an interesting and very rewarding role. Our chair Michael McKenna, and Mary Conway is our Treasurer.
Our committees are:
- the Board of Management of the Skerries Community Centre
- Skerries Tidy Towns Committee
- Skerries Town Twinning Association
- Skerries Reaching Out
- Skerries Cycling Initiative
- Skerries Soundwaves Festival
- Skerries Rás End Stage Committee
- Crann Padraig
- Sustainable Skerries
- the Little Theatre Upgrade Project Committee
- Skerries CoderDojo
- Skerries Skatepark Committee.
- Age Friendly Skerries Committee
The SCA is affiliated to Muintir na Tíre and as such Skerries Community Association is affiliated to Muintir na Tíre and as such has the use of the charitable status number CHY 6865. See affiliation document:
Would you like to be an active part of the SCA or one of our committees? Follow the links to the committees in the list above and see what they do & how you could get involved.
This page was last updated in October 2018.