By popular demand, there will be additional auditions for the Community Orchestra held at Keys and Strings, Skerries, on Thursday, 6th July, from 11am at Keys & Strings School of Music, Skerries. To book your audition time, call Jing at 087 2264357
Soundwaves are looking for young people (post-Primary level) to join a Community Orchestra. Open to all instruments except Piano. Minimum of Grade 2 instrument level is required.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, 18th June, at Keys & Strings School of Music, Skerries. To book your audition time, call Jing at 087 2264357.
Right now, Skerries Soundwaves Festival is undoubtedly our busiest committee, as the festival itself is coming up in September! Gráinne Enright, chairperson of the committee, writes:
[The following was written in preparation for our Skerries Community Association AGM, which will take place on Friday 11 September 2015, 8 p.m., in the Little Theatre.]
Skerries Soundwaves is in its 12th year now, and continues to go from strength to strength. We had our Lego Family Fun Day in June, and great fun was had by all at the display area, the Lego build off, the Wheel of Fortune and the Schools Art Display.
Our 2015 festival kicks off on 17th September and continues until the 27th. Some events planned for this year include:
– An art trail with artwork displayed in 10-15 prominent locations around the town
– A schools programme, with artists and story tellers going into local schools
– A large concert at the Mills, featuring the Walls, Darling, and The Fontaines
– A classical music night with choirs, strings, and more
– Our largest ever street party, with a bouncy castles, a youth orchestra, Mr. Toots the tourist train, Clap Handies, street games, the rock trailer, and more.
– A children’s opera: Hansel and Gretel
– Sunday’s Child Drama Company will put on their latest play
– An inclusive drumming workshop, now in its third year
– The annual fireworks display in the harbour
Gráinne Enright, chair, Skerries Soundwaves Festival
Soundwaves presents Lego Family Fun Day.
Soundwaves, one of the many parts of Skerries Community Association, is preparing for its 11th festival (September 17 to 27) with a fun fundraiser:
Sunday 21 June 2015. 2pm-5pm. Skerries Community Centre.
Don’t miss out on the chance to win one of our many fantastic Raffle Prizes on Lego day, including
- A pair of tickets for to see Manu Chao In Royal Hospital Kilmainham on the 27th of June
- A pair of tickets for Paulo Nutini playing in Marlay Park 4th July.
- Lir Chocolate basket, Jewellery, Beauty basket, Vouchers, Large Airfix model and many more.
Also on the day…
- Kids of all ages, bring your original Lego creations, display for all to admire and you could be in with a chance to win a prize for your effort.
Registration 2pm-3pm cost €2
- This year we have on display three Lego art projects from three of our local primary schools, namely Réalt na Mara, Skerries Educate Together N.S. , and St. Patricks Junior School. The winning school will win a specially commissioned lLego trophy!!!
- Wheel of Fortune. Every spin guarantees a prize.
- Face painting and Arts and crafts area.
Design your own mini figure and be in with a chance to win a prize.
- Lego Build Off. Everything is Awesome! Work in a team beat the clock and be in a chance to win a prize for your teams build.
- Also this year.. Calling all Dads!!!
Fathers Day special Lego build off!!
This event is a fundraiser for the Skerries Soundwaves Arts Festival.