Fingal CoCo Community Liaison provided this information:
The following events will take place over the coming months for Senior Citizens in the Fingal Area.
- 16th April – Seniors Olympics in the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown 10am – 2.00 with a presentation/certificate of participation.
- 20th May – AGM – Fingal Senior Citizens Forum / Information conference, “Feed the Brain & Feed the Body” this will take place in the Emmaus Centre start time 9.15 until 2.pm – places are limited so please book your place early. Main guest speaker this year is Dr. Kate Irvine – DCU on Dementia and how to keep your brain Healthy.
- 29th May Memory Makers – Carlton Hotel near Dublin Airport. Application forms available soon, please prepare your exhibit now in order to be ready nice nibbles, music and prizes for 1st 2nd etc., promises to be a great evening starting at 6.30 until 10.00 approx. Intrigued? Ask Fingal County Council for information!
- Nordic Walking – Fingal County Council sports department will be in contact with groups in the area if they show interest a walk will be arranged for them
- Aqua Fit lessons – we are awaiting confirmation from the Aquatic Centre regarding availability of pool
- September – ITB Health Fitness and Wellbeing course starting first week in September and runs through to December with a graduation for seniors the 17/18th December / Party.
- Fingal Seniors Afternoon Tea Dances – are being planned for June and November – more information to follow
- Fingal Seniors Information Seminar – November title and venue to be planned – more information to follow.
The Community Officer dealing with events for Senior Citizens is:
Louise EdmondsSenior Community Officer
Area-West Fingal and Swords
Telephone: (01) 8704488
The Community Officers with Fingal County Council for our area are:
Valerie McAllorum ByrneCommunity Officer
Area – East Fingal & North Fingal
Telephone: (01) 8905106
Senior Community Officer
Area: East Fingal & North Fingal
Telephone: (01) 8905085